Private tuition available as hourly or half-hourly lessons. Very competitive / affordable rates.
Finalist and 4th place XFactor 2015
(see details and video below)
Professional singers to day one beginners are all welcome.
Come and learn just for personal pleasure or to get seriously involved in the music industry.
I teach all popular styles - Pop, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Soul, R'nB, Dance, Folk, Indie, Country, etc, etc.
Singing lessons are like going to the gym...you will be given a program of technical exercises and ear training workouts that will provide you with the tools to steadily improve your voice and musicianship. I can even video the lesson and email you your weekly practice routine.
Each student is given a personally tailored course to suit individual needs, whether that be:
- Preparing for solo performances, gigs, shows, concerts, etc.
- Auditions for bands, X-Factor, etc.
- Developing your songwriting and improvisation skills.
- A performance at a friend’s birthday or singing that special song on your wedding day.
- Learning to sing with others in harmony (group harmony workshops).
What you will get in the lesson:
- An internationally renowned vocal technique - Estill Voice Training System.
Learn how your "instrument" works, how to control it and to achieve impressive voice qualities (or tones).
- The opportunity to record your own covers or originals with my fully equipped vocal recording facilities.
- Understand vocal technique and music theory in a fun and easy way for personal pleasure or to take exams with fully accredited graded syllabus with Rockschool or London College of Music.
Congratulations to Lauren Murray, my student, friend and colleague, who came fourth in the 2015 XFactor! I am so very proud of all Lauren's achievements over the last 10 years as her vocal coach and mentor. I have watched her grow and develop into an amazingly accomplished singer, and beautiful, kind-hearted, bubbly soul that she is. I have trained Lauren since she was 16 and also trained her to teach with me at Ebony & Ivory, which she did for 5 years. Sadly, for us, Lauren has moved on to bigger and better things and we miss her very much. We are all so proud of her here and wish her every success in her career and the joy in life that she so deserves!
(See Lauren's visit to Ebony & Ivory in video below, at 0:30 mins)